الأربعاء, مايو 20, 2026
  • Login
عاشق عُمان
  • أخبار
    • الطقس
    • Oman News
  • مقالات
  • وظائف وتدريب
  • ثقافة وأدب
    • شعر
    • خواطر
    • قصص وروايات
    • مجلس الخليلي للشعر
  • تلفزيون
    • بث أرضي للقناة الرياضية
  • لا للشائعات
  • المنتديات
No Result
View All Result
عاشق عُمان
No Result
View All Result




Home Oman News

France recalls ambassadors from the US and Australia over submarine deal

18 سبتمبر، 2021
in Oman News
France recalls ambassadors from the US and Australia over submarine deal

The French government on Friday announced it would recall its envoys from the United States and Australia.

French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said the decision was requested by French President Emmanuel Macron.

The move came after Australia on Thursday broke off a submarine deal worth at least $40 billion (€34 billion) with France to build diesel-electric submarines to instead buy nuclear-powered ones from the US.

What did France say?

In a written statement, Le Drian emphasized the French decision “is justified by the exceptional seriousness of the announcements.”

The French government has expressed anger at the US-Australia deal, which also includes the UK. Macron has not commented on the issue since US President Joe Biden made the announcement Wednesday.

The recalling of France’s ambassadors to the US and Australia, close allies is unprecedented.

How has Washington responded?

The White House said Friday that it regrets France’s decision, but that will work to resolve the major diplomatic spat.

In a statement, State Department spokesperson Ned Price called France “a vital partner and our oldest ally,” saying that high-level talks would likely take place during the UN General Assembly meeting next week.

While China was not mentioned in his announcement of the defense alliance, Biden did speak of “rapidly evolving threats” as a reason for the so-called AUKUS alliance of Australia, the UK and the US.

The French Embassy in Washington also called off a gala to celebrate bilateral ties at its ambassador’s house that had been scheduled for Friday.

Why did Australia break off the deal?

Australia’s Foreign Ministry said Canberra regrets France’s move to recall its ambassador, but said it would continue to work with France on other issues.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison acknowledged the damage to bilateral ties with France but insisted he told French President Emmanuel Macron of Australia’s plans in June over a lengthy dinner in Paris.

Morrison told an Australian radio station the choice was made in “the new strategic environment we’re faced with.”

France has pushed for years for a collective European political, economic and military strategy for the Pacific region. This week, the EU unveiled its plans for the Indo-Pacific.

Share196Tweet123
Previous Post

US holds thousands of migrants under Texas bridge

Next Post

المدير العام لمنظمة الصحة العالمية يشيد بإجراءات السلطنة في مكافحة انتشار فيروس كورونا

أحدث المنشورات

بنك مسقط يوقّع اتفاقية شراكة استراتيجية مع شركة جندال للحديد لتقديم حلول مصرفية مبتكرة ومتطورة لإدارة المدفوعات المالية

Bank Muscat Signs Strategic Partnership Pact with Jindal Steel to Deliver Advanced Digital Payment Solutions

18 مايو، 2026
جهاز الاستثمار العُماني يسجل أداءً تاريخيا في 2025م بأرباح تقترب من 3 مليارات ريال عماني

Oman Investment Authority Records Historic Performance in 2025 with Profits

18 مايو، 2026
شراكة مجتمعية نوعية لتدريب وتشغيل الأشخاص من ذوي متلازمة داون بين بنك مسقط و أكاديمية عُمان للسياحة

Landmark Community Partnership for Individuals with Down syndrome between Bank Muscat & Oman Tourism Academy

17 مايو، 2026
Bank Muscat Launches Instant Digital Debit Card on Mobile Banking

Bank Muscat Launches Instant Digital Debit Card on Mobile Banking

17 مايو، 2026
محسن حيدر درويش وHONOR تفتتحان متجر HONOR Experience الجديد في عُمان

MHD-ITICS and HONOR Introduces New HONOR Experience Store in Oman

17 مايو، 2026
تعزيز الشراكة بين جامعة السلطان قابوس وبنك مسقط دعمًا لمعرض مشروعات التخرج في نسخته الثانية

Bank Muscat Supports Sultan Qaboos University’s Second Student Graduation Projects Exhibition

13 مايو، 2026
Next Post
المدير العام لمنظمة الصحة العالمية يشيد بإجراءات السلطنة في مكافحة انتشار فيروس كورونا

المدير العام لمنظمة الصحة العالمية يشيد بإجراءات السلطنة في مكافحة انتشار فيروس كورونا

اترك تعليقاً

لن يتم نشر عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني. الحقول الإلزامية مشار إليها بـ *

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Whatsapp : +96899060010

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • أخبار
    • الطقس
    • Oman News
  • مقالات
  • وظائف وتدريب
  • ثقافة وأدب
    • شعر
    • خواطر
    • قصص وروايات
    • مجلس الخليلي للشعر
  • تلفزيون
    • بث أرضي للقناة الرياضية
  • لا للشائعات
  • المنتديات

Copyright © 2024