• الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة

• Khalil Gibran Brilliant Poems

[align=left]salaam [/align][align=center]
    This is my 1st writing in the english forum
    I hope you will be enchanted by the poems as i was and still

these are some of the great writer gibran khalil poems form one of his masterpieces
    "the madman"
    there are 35 poems in this book
    now i will write the fist one
    if you liked it, then i will continue and put the others
    gibran khalil wrote this book in english and it was fisrt puplished in 1918

here is the first poem

The Madman
    Chapter 01: How I Became A Madman

You ask me how I became a madman. It happened thus: One day, long before many gods were born, I woke from a deep sleep and found all my masks were stolen -- the seven masks I have fashioned and worn in seven lives -- I ran maskless through the crowded streets shouting, "Thieves, thieves, the cursed thieves."

Men and women laughed at me and some ran to their houses in fear of me.

And when I reached the market place, a youth standing on a house-top cried, "He is a madman." I looked up to behold him; the sun kissed my own naked face for the first time. For the first time the sun kissed my own naked face and my soul was inflamed with love for the sun, and I wanted my masks no more. And as if in a trance I cried, "Blessed, blessed are the thieves who stole my masks."

Thus I became a madman.

And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness; the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us.

But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief.[/align]

am anxious to hear ur opinions abt the first poem
    [align=center]خيبتــي غلبتــي[/align]
    [align=center]يا خيبتي، يا خيبة ! يا وحدتي وانفرادي ! إنك لأعز لدي من ألف انتصار ، و أحلى على قلبي من كل أمجاد الأقطار
    يا خيبتي ، يا خيبة !
    يا معرفتي لنفسي واحتقاري لذاتي ، بك أعرف أني لا أزال فتيا سريع الخطى ، فلا تغريني أكاليل الغار الذابلة الفانية. بك قد حظيت بوحدتي وانفرادي وتذوقت لذة فراري واحتقاري
    يا خيبتي ، يا خيبة !
    يا سيفي البتار وترسي البراق، قد قرات في عينيك :
    إن الإنسان متى جلس غلى عرش الملك قد صار عبدا .
    ومتى ادرك الناس اعماق روحه حتى طوى كتاب حياته .
    . ومتى بلغ أوج كماله فقد قضى نحبه .
    بل هو كالثمرة إذا نضجت سقطت واندثرت .
    يا خيبتي ، يا خيبة !
    يا رفيقي الباسل الودود ، أنت وحدك تسمعيت إنشادي وصراخي وسكوتي ، وليس بغيرك بمحدثي عن خفقان الأجنحة وهدير البحار ، وقذائف البراكين الثائرة في دوامس الليل
    يا خيبتي يا خيبة ! يا شجاعتي التي لا تموت !
    أنت تضحكين معي في العاصفة ، وتحفرين معي قبورا لما يموت مني ومنك ، وتقفين معي أما وجه الشمس بجلد وثبات ، فنكون معا هائلين راعبين
    [/align]
    [align=center]________________
    المجنون لجبران خليل .... وددت لو أصاب ببعض من جنونك السرمدي فلربما فهمت بعضا من تمتماتك المجنونة [/align]

[align=center]Hi SIS
    First Of All Wellcome to the English fourm and I hope you will enjoy and learn with us
    Secondly, I read your poem but had a query is it a poem
    or an article...I mean a story????? anyway I don't know much about
    Mr.Khalil Girbran except he was a writer and poet. And he was from Lebanon but lived in USA
    Do share more of his writings with us... I have never read his writings
    So I think its a great opportunity to know more about his writing through U
    Keep It Up Girl
    Cheers [/align]
    [align=center]http://www3.0zz0.com/2007/09/18/07/66293126.gif[/align]
    [align=center]When Obstacles arise, change your direction to reach your goal, not the decision to get there [/align]

تعليق

Gibran is a brilliant writer

i read his book The Prophet
      it's very amazing book
      http://www.s77.com/up/up11/6e3b2a5dc8.jpg

I love standing in the rain...because then no one knows im crying

تعليق

يعمل...
      X