الأربعاء, مايو 20, 2026
  • Login
عاشق عُمان
  • أخبار
    • الطقس
    • Oman News
  • مقالات
  • وظائف وتدريب
  • ثقافة وأدب
    • شعر
    • خواطر
    • قصص وروايات
    • مجلس الخليلي للشعر
  • تلفزيون
    • بث أرضي للقناة الرياضية
  • لا للشائعات
  • المنتديات
No Result
View All Result
عاشق عُمان
No Result
View All Result




Home Oman News

Coalition says troops redeploying in Yemen, not withdrawing

11 نوفمبر، 2021
in Oman News
Coalition says troops redeploying in Yemen, not withdrawing

DUBAI: The coalition fighting the Ansar Allah in Yemen has said its troops were redeploying in line with its strategy to support Yemeni forces, but were not withdrawing.

Yemeni security sources said the Saudi military had withdrawn from a major military base in Burayqah district in the southern port city of Aden, removing troops, hardware and heavy artillery.

Some of the troops and equipment were loaded in warships in Aden port, while others flew out from the city’s airport, the sources said. Long convoys of the kingdom’s military were seen on Tuesday heading from Burayqah military base to Aden port, witnesses said.

The spokesman of the Saudi-led coalition, General Turki al Malki, said reports circulating about a Saudi military withdrawal from south Yemen were “baseless and unfounded”.

“Movement and redeployment of troops based on operational and tactical assessment” was a standard operation “in all military forces across the world”, General Malki said.

The new drawdown of Saudi forces followed intense diplomacy from the United States and the United Nations to end a seven-year-old conflict that has killed tens of thousands and put millions at risk of starvation.

US Envoy to Yemen Timothy Lenderking visited Riyadh this week as Washington pressed Saudi Arabia to lift a blockade on Ansar Allah-held ports, a condition from the group to start ceasefire talks.

However Riyadh first wants US weapons to help the kingdom strengthen its defence systems following Ansar Allah attacks on its territory with drones and ballistic missiles.

The US State Department approved its first major arms sale to Saudi Arabia under US President Joe Biden with the sale of 280 air-to-air missiles valued at up to $650 million, the Pentagon said last week.

Late on Wednesday, heavy blasts were heard across the capital Sanaa following air strikes by the coalition’s warplanes, residents said. This followed several ballistic missiles fired by the Ansar Allah on Saudi southern regions and Yemeni provinces of Marib and Taiz, the Ansar Allah military spokesman said.

Ambassadors of the five permanent Security Council members also held a meeting with Saudi ambassador to Yemen, Mohammed al Jaber, where they stressed the need for de-escalation, including an immediate end to hostilities in Marib region.

“All Yemeni parties should engage in genuine dialogue in order to reach comprehensive political solution to end the crisis in Yemen and alleviate the humanitarian suffering of its people,” a statement issued after the meeting said.

UNSC BLACKLISTS 3

Meanwhile, the United Nations Security Council blacklisted three Ansar Allah leaders for threatening the peace, security and stability of Yemen, subjecting them to a global asset freeze and travel ban and a targeted arms embargo.

The 15 council members agreed by consensus to impose sanctions on the head of the general staff leading the Ansar Allah’s Marib offensive, Muhammad Abd Al Karim al Ghamari; a leader of Ansar Allah forces assigned to the Marib advance, Yusuf al Madani; and the Ansar Allah’s assistant defence minister, Saleh Mesfer Saleh al Shaer, who is accused of helping the group acquire smuggled arms and weapons. – Reuters

Share196Tweet123
Previous Post

Libyans grapple with trauma from conflict

Next Post

قائد سلاح الجو السلطاني العماني يزور التمرين العسكري الجوي العماني البريطاني المشترك

أحدث المنشورات

Bank Muscat Organises Specialized Seminar to Advance the Future of Digital Payments

Bank Muscat Organises Specialized Seminar to Advance the Future of Digital Payments

20 مايو، 2026
بنك مسقط يوقّع اتفاقية شراكة استراتيجية مع شركة جندال للحديد لتقديم حلول مصرفية مبتكرة ومتطورة لإدارة المدفوعات المالية

Bank Muscat Signs Strategic Partnership Pact with Jindal Steel to Deliver Advanced Digital Payment Solutions

18 مايو، 2026
جهاز الاستثمار العُماني يسجل أداءً تاريخيا في 2025م بأرباح تقترب من 3 مليارات ريال عماني

Oman Investment Authority Records Historic Performance in 2025 with Profits

18 مايو، 2026
شراكة مجتمعية نوعية لتدريب وتشغيل الأشخاص من ذوي متلازمة داون بين بنك مسقط و أكاديمية عُمان للسياحة

Landmark Community Partnership for Individuals with Down syndrome between Bank Muscat & Oman Tourism Academy

17 مايو، 2026
Bank Muscat Launches Instant Digital Debit Card on Mobile Banking

Bank Muscat Launches Instant Digital Debit Card on Mobile Banking

17 مايو، 2026
محسن حيدر درويش وHONOR تفتتحان متجر HONOR Experience الجديد في عُمان

MHD-ITICS and HONOR Introduces New HONOR Experience Store in Oman

17 مايو، 2026
Next Post
قائد سلاح الجو السلطاني العماني يزور التمرين العسكري الجوي العماني البريطاني المشترك

قائد سلاح الجو السلطاني العماني يزور التمرين العسكري الجوي العماني البريطاني المشترك

اترك تعليقاً

لن يتم نشر عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني. الحقول الإلزامية مشار إليها بـ *

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Whatsapp : +96899060010

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • أخبار
    • الطقس
    • Oman News
  • مقالات
  • وظائف وتدريب
  • ثقافة وأدب
    • شعر
    • خواطر
    • قصص وروايات
    • مجلس الخليلي للشعر
  • تلفزيون
    • بث أرضي للقناة الرياضية
  • لا للشائعات
  • المنتديات

Copyright © 2024