الأربعاء, مايو 20, 2026
  • Login
عاشق عُمان
  • أخبار
    • الطقس
    • Oman News
  • مقالات
  • وظائف وتدريب
  • ثقافة وأدب
    • شعر
    • خواطر
    • قصص وروايات
    • مجلس الخليلي للشعر
  • تلفزيون
    • بث أرضي للقناة الرياضية
  • لا للشائعات
  • المنتديات
No Result
View All Result
عاشق عُمان
No Result
View All Result




Home Oman News

Fighting near key Yemen port displaces over 6,000: UN

15 نوفمبر، 2021
in Oman News
Fighting near key Yemen port displaces over 6,000: UN

HODEIDA: An Ansar Allah fighter advance near Yemen’s lifeline port of Hodeida and a pullback have displaced more than 6,000 people, the United Nations said. The insurgents on Friday took control of a large area south of Hodeida, a key port where the warring sides agreed on a ceasefire in 2018, after loyalist forces withdrew.

The pro-government forces gave no reason for the pullback. “Some 700 families (some 4,900 people) were displaced” to Khokha, over 100 kilometres south of Hodeida, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said, citing Yemeni government sources.

It said “184 other families (about 1,300 people) were displaced further south” to the Red Sea coastal town of Mokha.

“No displacement has been reported within the areas that came under control of the de facto authorities,” OCHA said in a statement on Sunday, referring to Ansar Allah.

Citing aid partners on the ground, it said a 300-tent site for displaced people had been set up in Khokha, while authorities were reportedly seeking another site to cope with the influx.

But the UN also said the Ansar Allah advance could result in “improved movement for civilians” between the provinces of Hodeida and Sanaa, and along roads connecting Hodeida city with other districts.

The United Nations Mission to support the Hodeida Agreement (UNMHA) said Monday that the latest developments “represent a major shift of the frontlines”.

It urged all parties “to protect civilians especially internally displaced persons”. The Hodeida ceasefire was agreed at Yemen’s last peace talks in Sweden in 2018. But clashes have since broken out between rebels and pro-government troops around the city which is vital for the import of humanitarian aid.

Two military officials said that fighting also erupted Saturday when the rebels tried to push south into government-controlled territory, but loyalist forces had repelled the advance.

A coalition intervened in Yemen in 2015 to shore up the government, a year after the Ansar Allah seized the capital Sanaa. Tens of thousands of people, mostly civilians, have been killed and millions displaced in Yemen’s conflict, in what the UN calls the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.

The insurgents have also kept an offensive to capture Marib, the government’s last stronghold in the north.

The coalition said Monday that it killed more than 140 Ansar Allah insurgents in the past 24 hours in air strikes in the provinces of Marib and Al Bayda, to the south.

The coalition has been reporting high death tolls in almost daily strikes since October aimed at repelling a rebel offensive on the city of Marib.

The Ansar Allah rarely comment on the tolls, which have exceeded 3,500 in the past weeks, according to Saudi reports.

AFP cannot independently verify the coalition’s figures.

“Eighteen military vehicles were destroyed and over 140 terrorist elements eliminated” in the latest raids, the coalition said, quoted by the Saudi state news agency SPA. – AFP

Share196Tweet123
Previous Post

North African climate change threatens farming, political stability

Next Post

مركز القبول الموحد يُعلن نتائج الفرز الثاني للعام الأكاديمي

أحدث المنشورات

Bank Muscat Organises Specialized Seminar to Advance the Future of Digital Payments

Bank Muscat Organises Specialized Seminar to Advance the Future of Digital Payments

20 مايو، 2026
بنك مسقط يوقّع اتفاقية شراكة استراتيجية مع شركة جندال للحديد لتقديم حلول مصرفية مبتكرة ومتطورة لإدارة المدفوعات المالية

Bank Muscat Signs Strategic Partnership Pact with Jindal Steel to Deliver Advanced Digital Payment Solutions

18 مايو، 2026
جهاز الاستثمار العُماني يسجل أداءً تاريخيا في 2025م بأرباح تقترب من 3 مليارات ريال عماني

Oman Investment Authority Records Historic Performance in 2025 with Profits

18 مايو، 2026
شراكة مجتمعية نوعية لتدريب وتشغيل الأشخاص من ذوي متلازمة داون بين بنك مسقط و أكاديمية عُمان للسياحة

Landmark Community Partnership for Individuals with Down syndrome between Bank Muscat & Oman Tourism Academy

17 مايو، 2026
Bank Muscat Launches Instant Digital Debit Card on Mobile Banking

Bank Muscat Launches Instant Digital Debit Card on Mobile Banking

17 مايو، 2026
محسن حيدر درويش وHONOR تفتتحان متجر HONOR Experience الجديد في عُمان

MHD-ITICS and HONOR Introduces New HONOR Experience Store in Oman

17 مايو، 2026
Next Post
مركز القبول الموحد  يُعلن نتائج الفرز الثاني للعام الأكاديمي

مركز القبول الموحد يُعلن نتائج الفرز الثاني للعام الأكاديمي

اترك تعليقاً

لن يتم نشر عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني. الحقول الإلزامية مشار إليها بـ *

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Whatsapp : +96899060010

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • أخبار
    • الطقس
    • Oman News
  • مقالات
  • وظائف وتدريب
  • ثقافة وأدب
    • شعر
    • خواطر
    • قصص وروايات
    • مجلس الخليلي للشعر
  • تلفزيون
    • بث أرضي للقناة الرياضية
  • لا للشائعات
  • المنتديات

Copyright © 2024