الجمعة, مايو 22, 2026
  • Login
عاشق عُمان
  • أخبار
    • الطقس
    • Oman News
  • مقالات
  • وظائف وتدريب
  • ثقافة وأدب
    • شعر
    • خواطر
    • قصص وروايات
    • مجلس الخليلي للشعر
  • تلفزيون
    • بث أرضي للقناة الرياضية
  • لا للشائعات
  • المنتديات
No Result
View All Result
عاشق عُمان
No Result
View All Result




Home Oman News

Portugal forward Jota ruled out of World Cup with calf injury

18 أكتوبر، 2022
in Oman News
Portugal forward Jota ruled out of World Cup with calf injury

LONDON: Portugal’s Diogo Jota will miss the World Cup after suffering a serious calf injury, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp confirmed on Tuesday.

The winger was stretchered off in the closing stages of Liverpool’s 1-0 Premier League win over Manchester City on Sunday.

“Not good news about Diogo — yes he will miss the World Cup,” Klopp said at a press conference ahead of Wednesday’s home match against West Ham.

“(It’s a) pretty serious injury in the calf muscle and now the recovery process starts. That’s it pretty much.

“That is the first diagnosis, which was pretty clear, and all the rest will now follow in the next few days. It is very sad news for the boy, and for us as well of course and for Portugal.”

Klopp, who said Jota would not need an operation, did not put an exact timescale on his return but is expecting the 25-year-old to be sidelined for months.

“After such a good night at Anfield mine ended in the worst way! In the last minute one of my dreams collapsed,” Jota posted on Twitter.

“I will be one more supporting from the outside, club and country, and fighting to be back as soon as possible.”

Jota’s absence adds to Liverpool’s injury woes, with Luis Diaz also ruled out until after the World Cup in Qatar, which starts next month.

Joel Matip will also miss the visit of West Ham, but Trent Alexander-Arnold and Ibrahima Konate could be fit to return to the starting line-up.

Klopp was sent off late on in an emotional encounter with City for taking his protests towards the referee’s assistant too far.

The German coach has so far not received a touchline ban from the Football Association and expects to take his place on the touchline on Wednesday.

“I think I will be there tomorrow because nothing happened yet,” he said. “I don’t think something will happen tomorrow a few hours before the game.

“I still think I should have dealt differently with the situation which I usually do. The whole game led to that a little bit. It was a very, very intense game with a lot of decisions we didn’t understand on both sides.

“This for me was like the one drop that made the bucket overflow. I’m not happy with my reaction but that’s the way it was and everybody saw it.” — AFP

Share196Tweet123
Previous Post

First Gary Kirsten cricket camp in Oman a grand success

Next Post

GAC Hosts ‘Outlander Experience’ Drive for Oman Media

أحدث المنشورات

بنك مسقط: التمكين وبناء القدرات يساهم في ديمومة النمو والتطور لرواد الأعمال العمانيين

Bank Muscat: Empowerment and skills Development Foster Entrepreneurial Success

20 مايو، 2026
Bank Muscat Organises Specialized Seminar to Advance the Future of Digital Payments

Bank Muscat Organises Specialized Seminar to Advance the Future of Digital Payments

20 مايو، 2026
بنك مسقط يوقّع اتفاقية شراكة استراتيجية مع شركة جندال للحديد لتقديم حلول مصرفية مبتكرة ومتطورة لإدارة المدفوعات المالية

Bank Muscat Signs Strategic Partnership Pact with Jindal Steel to Deliver Advanced Digital Payment Solutions

18 مايو، 2026
جهاز الاستثمار العُماني يسجل أداءً تاريخيا في 2025م بأرباح تقترب من 3 مليارات ريال عماني

Oman Investment Authority Records Historic Performance in 2025 with Profits

18 مايو، 2026
شراكة مجتمعية نوعية لتدريب وتشغيل الأشخاص من ذوي متلازمة داون بين بنك مسقط و أكاديمية عُمان للسياحة

Landmark Community Partnership for Individuals with Down syndrome between Bank Muscat & Oman Tourism Academy

17 مايو، 2026
Bank Muscat Launches Instant Digital Debit Card on Mobile Banking

Bank Muscat Launches Instant Digital Debit Card on Mobile Banking

17 مايو، 2026
Next Post
GAC Hosts ‘Outlander Experience’ Drive for Oman Media

GAC Hosts 'Outlander Experience' Drive for Oman Media

اترك تعليقاً

لن يتم نشر عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني. الحقول الإلزامية مشار إليها بـ *

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Whatsapp : +96899060010

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • أخبار
    • الطقس
    • Oman News
  • مقالات
  • وظائف وتدريب
  • ثقافة وأدب
    • شعر
    • خواطر
    • قصص وروايات
    • مجلس الخليلي للشعر
  • تلفزيون
    • بث أرضي للقناة الرياضية
  • لا للشائعات
  • المنتديات

Copyright © 2024