Suhar: A ceremony was held at Sohar Freezone on Sunday to lay the foundation stone of Sohar Titanium project to produce titanium dioxide at a cost of RO 43 million.
The project will be set up on an area of 120,000 square metres, and a production capacity of 150,000 tonnes per year. It is expected to start commercial operation by 2025.
The ceremony was held under the auspices of Eng Salim Nassir al Awfi, Minister of Energy and Minerals.
Sohar Titanium project is a strategic partnership between the Minerals Development Oman with 35% of the share, and the remaining 65% is distributed to Dubal Holding and Stork International through the Gulf Titanium.