السبت, مايو 23, 2026
  • Login
عاشق عُمان
  • أخبار
    • الطقس
    • Oman News
  • مقالات
  • وظائف وتدريب
  • ثقافة وأدب
    • شعر
    • خواطر
    • قصص وروايات
    • مجلس الخليلي للشعر
  • تلفزيون
    • بث أرضي للقناة الرياضية
  • لا للشائعات
  • المنتديات
No Result
View All Result
عاشق عُمان
No Result
View All Result




Home Oman News

Syria: US forces kill IS leader in rebel-held region

3 فبراير، 2022
in Oman News
Syria: US forces kill IS leader in rebel-held region

Idlib: The White House on Thursday said US armed forces “have taken off the battlefield” Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurayshi, a leader of the so-called (IS) group.

The pentagon earlier announced that the counterterrorism operation in Idlib, northwestern Syria, was “successful.”

First responders and activists said the raid killed 13 people, including children.

It came after a series of attacks by the terrorist group in the in region recent weeks.

“There were no US casualties. More information will be provided as it becomes available,” Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said in a statement early Thursday.

The Britain-based monitor Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said US helicopters landed in a village where the US-led coalition troops attacked a house and clashed with fighters in rebel-held Idlib.

Local residents described the raid as the biggest since the 2019 operation that killed IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

US forces reportedly used loudspeakers to ask women and children to leave the area.

According to an unnamed US official quoted by the AP news agency, one of the US helicopters suffered a mechanical problem during the raid and had to be blown up on the ground. The New York Times also reported the incident.
Blood covers the floor of a destroyed house after an operation by the US military in the Syrian village of Atmeh in Idlib

Observatory chief Rami Abdel Rahman told the AFP news agency that “13 people at least were killed, among them four children and three women, during the operation.”

The Observatory had earlier put the death toll at nine.

The Syrian Civil Defense, volunteer first responders also known as the White Helmets, also reported that at least 13 people were killed, including six children.

In recent months, US special forces have carried out several operations against jihadist targets in and around Idlib.

The region, mostly administered by the Hayat Tahrir al-Sham group of former members of al-Qaeda’s franchise in Syria, is the last enclave to actively oppose the government of President Bashar al-Assad.

Idlib is also home to camps for families displaced by the conflict of the past decade. Analysts warn that jihadists use the region as a place to hide among civilians.

Share196Tweet123
Previous Post

US allows money transfer to Afghanistan for humanitarian purposes

Next Post

John Abraham's 'Attack' to now release on April 1

أحدث المنشورات

بنك مسقط: التمكين وبناء القدرات يساهم في ديمومة النمو والتطور لرواد الأعمال العمانيين

Bank Muscat: Empowerment and skills Development Foster Entrepreneurial Success

20 مايو، 2026
Bank Muscat Organises Specialized Seminar to Advance the Future of Digital Payments

Bank Muscat Organises Specialized Seminar to Advance the Future of Digital Payments

20 مايو، 2026
بنك مسقط يوقّع اتفاقية شراكة استراتيجية مع شركة جندال للحديد لتقديم حلول مصرفية مبتكرة ومتطورة لإدارة المدفوعات المالية

Bank Muscat Signs Strategic Partnership Pact with Jindal Steel to Deliver Advanced Digital Payment Solutions

18 مايو، 2026
جهاز الاستثمار العُماني يسجل أداءً تاريخيا في 2025م بأرباح تقترب من 3 مليارات ريال عماني

Oman Investment Authority Records Historic Performance in 2025 with Profits

18 مايو، 2026
شراكة مجتمعية نوعية لتدريب وتشغيل الأشخاص من ذوي متلازمة داون بين بنك مسقط و أكاديمية عُمان للسياحة

Landmark Community Partnership for Individuals with Down syndrome between Bank Muscat & Oman Tourism Academy

17 مايو، 2026
Bank Muscat Launches Instant Digital Debit Card on Mobile Banking

Bank Muscat Launches Instant Digital Debit Card on Mobile Banking

17 مايو، 2026
Next Post
John Abraham's 'Attack' to now release on April 1

John Abraham's 'Attack' to now release on April 1

اترك تعليقاً

لن يتم نشر عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني. الحقول الإلزامية مشار إليها بـ *

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Whatsapp : +96899060010

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • أخبار
    • الطقس
    • Oman News
  • مقالات
  • وظائف وتدريب
  • ثقافة وأدب
    • شعر
    • خواطر
    • قصص وروايات
    • مجلس الخليلي للشعر
  • تلفزيون
    • بث أرضي للقناة الرياضية
  • لا للشائعات
  • المنتديات

Copyright © 2024